What is the Stanislaus County Commission for Women?
On July 1, 1979 the Stanislaus County Commission for Women (SCCW) was established as an independent, non-governmental organization to promote an awareness of issues that concern women. The Commission receives no governmental funding.
Stanislaus County Commission for Women is committed to supporting a coordinated effort by concerned groups and individuals in Stanislaus County to develop more fully the potential of all women.
As a commission we support:
- Pro-choice and reproductive rights
- Gender pay equity
- Adequate funding for women and children's health issues and research
- Ending violence against women
- Adequate, safe and affordable child care and child care issues
- Anti-discrimination based on sexual orientation
- President: Nancy Fisher
- Vice President/Program: Belina Rolicheck
- Treasurer/Membership: Laura Tarlo
- Secretary: Jennie Sweeney
- Community Relations: Marian Martino
- Newsletter Editor: Amanda Hughes
- Immediate Past President: Jane Manley
- Members at Large: Elain Casillas, Marlisa Ferriera, Jill Norman, Ruhi Sheikh, Theresa Spezzano