What is the Stanislaus County Commission for Women?
On July 1, 1979 the Stanislaus County Commission for Women (SCCW) was established as an independent, non-governmental organization to promote an awareness of issues that concern women. The Commission receives no governmental funding.
Stanislaus County Commission for Women is committed to supporting a coordinated effort by concerned groups and individuals in Stanislaus County to develop more fully the potential of all women.
As a commission we support:
- Pro-choice and reproductive rights
- Gender pay equity
- Adequate funding for women and children's health issues and research
- Ending violence against women
- Adequate, safe and affordable child care and child care issues
- Anti-discrimination based on sexual orientation
Our Board: (still under constuction)
- Vice President - Community Relations
- Membership -
- News Letter -
- Treasurer -
- Members at large -